Admission to all engineering majors is handled by the College of Engineering. Prospective transfer students and UH students who want to be admitted to the College of Engineering must first attend an Engineering Transitional Information Session to obtain information about admissions criteria and coursework required for prospective engineering students. After prospective transfer and major change students have attended an information session, if they have questions specific to civil engineering that were not addressed they should email civil [at] egr [dot] uh [dot] edu to schedule an appointment for advising.
The Department places a high priority on undergraduate advising. Civil engineering students must meet with an advisor at least twice a year: before registration for summer/fall classes and before registration for spring classes. Current students can email civil [at] egr [dot] uh [dot] edu to schedule an appointment for advising.
- Advising Guide
- Degree Plan Flow Chart (Click here for Black and White Version)
- CIVE Elective Offerings
- Approved CIVE Elective Substitutes
- List of Approved Calculators
- Official Degree Plan (Click link then select “Civil Engineering, B.S.C.E”)
- Course Descriptions (Click link, choose “CIVE” in prefix drop-down menu, then click “Filter”)
- UH Current Student Resources